Monday, February 27, 2006

I want my country, my beaches, my people, my friends, my family!!!! I want my Brasil!!!!!

Man.... I want my people, my friends, my family, my warm beaches and delicious food....! I want the life I recognize back! I miss it so fucking much!

I have just got an email from a very dear friend, who I haven't seem for a loooong time... and saw pictures of her and her family (she is already a mom! and I remember when we used to skip classes at school when we were 15!), on the beach, on our delicious summer..... I MISS THAT ALL SO FUCKING MUCH!!!!!!!!!

I decided to stay and that is good for me, but... sometimes my heart just breaks ( like now) and I can't control the tears rolling down on my face... our brazilian summer.... our warm beaches.... our sea.... our food..... our "pf".... our "feijoada".... our "skol, brahma, kaiser, antartica, bohemia, bavaria, itaipava e ateh mesmo a horrivel Nova Schin" (those are our beer brands).... the little bars (kind of bar-bakery-or-something-like-that) on the corner of the streets, on Augusta Street, very close to Paulista Avenue, across from "Espaco Unibanco" movie theater, with all those plastic chairs and tables and all that alternative, different people there, drinking a brain-freezing beer even in the winter.... my friends.... my USP.... oh, my so beloved USP and that fucking system of grades that they have.... (USP, for those who don't know, means: University of Sao Paulo)....

Alan, Roberto, Raimundo, Patty, Andre, Sheilinha, Ricardo, Ton, Andreza, Tati, Vagner, Gui, Manu, Rogerio, Will, Ralph, Fabao, Livia, Patricia minha prima, Claudinha, Juju, Maris, the volleyball friends, friends from CNA, Fernanda, Carol.... friends.... Have I forgotten anybody? Hummm.... if I did, please forgive me : I am in the flow of the emotion.

Mom....
My grumpy brother...
my old, old, old granny....
my cat....
my dog - who bit me 2 or 3 times in his life - but i never bit him back! ;) .....

I MISS YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bring me back our sun! Bring me back our beaches! Our beer on the beach! Our music! Bring me back what it is like listen to Ivete Sangalo in Carnival! Bring me back what it is like to spend The New Years Eve and Carnival on the beach, drinking very cold beer and listening to our warm music in our warm weather with our warm people!!!! Bring me back home! Bring me back to my grandma's house in the end of a sunny afternoon! Bring me back the unique and special smell you feel when you get into her house! Bring me back that atmosphere ...! Bring me back my mom's chicken pie! Bring me back my mom's broccoli pie! Bring me back my mom's banana pie! Bring me back smoking in my brother's bedroom while talking about something and enjoying our friends' moments!

I think I won't have it for a long, long time yet....

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooooooooh girllllllllllllll!! quem mais poderia comentar fala serio ;) oh meu Deus eu nem preciso dizer uma palavra diferente mi, eh exatamente assim que fikei nos ultimos dias...missing everthing ...damn things!.... but is just a moment....mi vai passar amiga, a melhor coisa a fazer (pelo menos era o q estava fazendo) eh dormir o maximo q vc puder assim o tempo passa ou entao alugar algum ouvido e falar e falar repitidas vezes a mesma coisa i miss that all so fucking much... it's help...;) oh my friend I know what you mean....
fica com Deus mes q vem vou t visitar viu!! bjocas big sister....

12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OI, MI!
Embora não entenda tudo, adorei seu blog, ver suas fotos...estamos com saudades, mas parece que vamos continuar com saudades, não é? Seja o que fizer, ficaremos felizes.
Um abraço!
Raimundo

9:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry, but this last post really did me in! I'll be back when it's gone!!!

1:53 AM  
Blogger Cicero Landi said...

Michelle I got some words of wisdom:

Get over it!!!! And you will, trust me. It´s part of the game to miss all the things left behind but take a look at what´s ahead. What opportunities will you have in Brazil? How long will it be to achieve things in Brazil and how long will they take abroad? If you are tired of the US, go to Canada or even Europe. You´re young, got no kids, so enjoy.

Don´t forget the movie theatres at Paulista are extremely expensive, Augusta is full of whores, bums and thiefs, USP is a complete mess. Cars are so expensive that they are just a dream, buying a house is almost impossible. You´ll have to work ten times more than where you are.

A good tip: If you miss Brazil so much, come and visit. Eat all the brazilian, drink all the beer, spend countless hours with friends. Then when the reality of it all comes back get back to your life in the US.

Trust me, I´ve been through it before and that´s why I´m living here now and dying to get the fuck out.

Kisses.
Cheers.
Miss ya.
Reginaldo

11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Também sinto muito a sua falta!
Vamo marcar um dia no MSN
pra colocar conversa em dia.
Saudades!

10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home