Thursday, May 18, 2006

Book of Secrets - O livro dos segredos

I had a notebook, a cheap notebook, that I had bought for my Writing ESL class. As I dropped the class, the notebook was forgotten in the back of my drawer. But, another day, while I was cleaning up my drawers, I found it. And it had an irresistible appeal on me, to write in it. But... write what?? I had no idea.
I left the notebook there, in a visible place, for when I had any idea of what to do with it. Then, one day, I was going through my emails and I got a beautiful message. I wrote it in a piece of paper and then I thought: " Hey, why to write it in a small piece of paper that I can easily lose, if I can write it in my notebook? I don't have anything else to write in it anyways..."

Then this notebook turned out to be my friend in trips and moments at Starbucks, over coffee. Now it 's registered in him poems, thoughts, pieces of beauty that I collect along my way through life, drawings, tears, smiles, stories... that is my notebook.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home