Thursday, February 28, 2008

Nowhere man and me

There was this man that came by one day. It was a normal day, with blue skies and birds singing and I was just sitting around, on a bench, under a tree.
He just sat by my side. In his face, wrinkles showed that those eyes had already probably seen much, even though they didn't see anything anymore.
He turned to me and said, 'hi'
And i said, 'hi'.
Then he looked at me not really looking and told me from nowhere. He came from there. And I felt peace.
He didn't have a penny. He didn't have a house. He didn't even have sight. But he saw much more than you and me.
I asked him to tell me where nowhere was, because now that was where I wanted to go. But he told me I couldn't go there.
He just gave me a broken compass and told me that it would take me where I should be.
And he stood up and walked away.
And then I stayed there, incapable of getting up, trying to find a cane to help me through my blindness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home