Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Fearless

"Our worst enemy lies within ourselves". "People are like plants; they need space to grow and live in harmony".

I saw those lines in a movie last weekend. I think that is so true - and I'm thinking about the one about the enemy. The worst enemy of one is one's self. I can tell it by myself. After so many years, I finally come to realize that this is a work of persistence, a battle that has no end: my own enemy is awake inside of me, just waiting for the moment to go out again. He doesn't sleep or rest or stops. He is always awake and ready. So that is why I need to be more awaken than him and more and more vigilant, if I want to defeat it and change myself. Changes are hard. You've gotta really want them, for they just come with a lot of effort. It hurts me when I am not strong enough and I allow myself to be less than I can be. In the ethics, moral values and non-virtues aspects.
Yeah. I failed last week. My impatience and low tolerance took over me in some moments. That is what I am here for: growth. And I think that, admitting it publicly, the shame should fall over me and make me more vigilant of myself. It's easier to keep on track when you have eyes over you, analysing and measuring you. Yeah, judges of the world, your eyes are the sword that will help me to correct myself and grow. For that, I thank thee.
Fails can be small as ants or huge as mountains. While I think of them as ants, they will have room to grow and become mountains. So I'd rather look at them as I was facing scary giants and so I don't give them any room to grow. I want to fight them and defeat them as the climber faces the mountain and defeats it, by getting to the top. The top is the virtue.
Bushido is the way of the warrior. A warrior has to be strong and virtuous. He has to fight against himself first and defeat his faults. Samurai. I think it's not a legend, I think it's a way of living.

Change is hard. All changes don't happen without a lot of persistence, effort, suffering, meditation over your mistakes and sincere will. Strength of character can be build. Compassion can be build. Forgiveness can be build. Compreehension can be build. It's just necessary strong will.

I want to think of an oak, when I think about strength of character. I want to think of the sword that will cut what lies inside.

Oh, how many times I wished that the sword could cut it easily!!!! But the change will have to come from the inside and not the outside. It's a labor work. Have no fear. At least, I will try to.

Affffffff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home