Thursday, December 15, 2005

Volunteering work!!! ( trabalho voluntario)

I have been trying to find some volunteering work to do... it's been kinda of hard to find, though.

I want something related to old people, disabled people, orphan children, sick people.... well, the thing is: i just can't find an orphans' home here in the area. I've been trying to find it since october, because I had some projects concerning Christmas... I subscribed myself in a website, offering help for Christmas, but...nothing happened. Nor even a single call!

If someone knows any orphans' home, or a home for old people that don't have families and/or are poor, please, let me know. I want to do something.

I am contacting someone from Hospice here in Orange County. I am waiting for her contact now. She said there will be a trainning course in January in Irvine. I hope I can go, because I work on Mondays and I will start College on Tuesdays... fuck! I will write to her again ( this must be around the 8th or 9th time I write to her about it... I am kinda of embarassed of writing AGAIN!!). But that really excited me. I liked the proposal, the idea.

Hospice is a concept of care. I didn't know about it 'til I found something in the newspaper. Every Friday we get a newspaper with the news from Irvine. And I always take a look at the Volunteering part, to see if someone needs any kind of help in which I can join. And I saw the add for volunteers in the Hospice. I thought it would be any kinda of hospital. And I wrote to her. And she explained it to me and it fascinated me. I really feel like helping on that.

Hospice is a help you give in giving care to the people that have terminal diseases and/or to their families. So you can help them with their errands, when they are taking care of the person or work directly with the person. I want to work with the person. I want this human contact. I want to share love. To give love. I think it must be a nameless good feeling to give love to a person that is about to leave. To care and make this person's life better... I really want to do this work. I am looking forward January to get started. This is so... so much about sharing your love!

Don't you have, sometimes, the sensation that you have way too much love and way too few people to share it with?

I am also trying to get another volunteering work with disabled children. But this is once a month. The hospice care is once a week. But the place I tried to contact hasn't contacted me so far. I am going to try again tomorrow or on Monday.

People, let's help! Let's share ourselves, our love! The more you share, the more you get. Love is endless! You can give, give, give and you'll always have too much for yourself. Love is not made to be kept inside just one's heart. Love was made to be shared. Let's share ourselves!

In the end, that is the only thing that really matters... and that's the only thing that you can carry with you: the love you shared, the tears you helped to dry, the smiles you helped to bring back. The love you planted along your life.

If I can make at least one, one single person's life better, I think my whole existence will have been worth to be lived.



Eu tenho tentado achar um trabalho voluntario pra fazer... mas estah sendo um tanto dificil, entretanto.

Eu quero alguma coisa relacionada com pessoas idosas, pessoas deficientes, criancas orfas, pessoas doentes... bom, eh o seguinte: eu simplesmente nao consigo achar um orfanato aqui na area. Eu venho tentando desde outubro, porque eu tinha alguns projetos referentes ao Natal... eu me inscrevi num website, oferecendo ajuda pro Natal, mas... nada aconteceu. Nem mesmo um simples telefonema!

Se alguem souber de algum orfanato, ou asilo pra pessoas idosas que nao tem familia e/ou sao pobres, me avise. Eu quero fazer alguma coisa.

Eu estou contatando uma pessoa do Hospice aqui em Orange County. Eu estou esperando o contato dela, agora. Ela disse que haverah um treinamento em Janeiro, aqui em Irvine. Eu espero que eu possa ir, porque eu trabalho nas segundas a noite e eu vou comecar a faculdade nas tercas... merda! Eu vou escrever pra ela de novo ( esta deve ser a oitava ou nona vez que eu escrevo pra ela sobre isso.... eu jah estou ficando sem graca de escrever DE NOVO!!). Mas isso me deixou muito animada. Eu gostei da proposta, da ideia.

Hospice eh um conceito de tratamento. Eu nao sabia a respeito ateh eu encontrar algo sobre isso no jornal. Toda sexta chega um jornal com as noticias de Irvine. E eu sempre dou uma olhada na secao de Trabalho Voluntario, pra ver se alguem precisa de algum tipo de ajuda em que eu possa servir. E eu vi o anuncio pedindo voluntarios pro Hospice. Eu pensei que seria algum tipo de hospital. E eu escrevi pra ela. E ela me explicou isso e isso me fascinou. E eu realmente quero ajudar nisso.

Hospice eh uma ajuda que voce dah, cuidando das pessoas que tem doencas terminais e/ou ajudando os familiares. Entao voce pode ajuda-los com as coisinhas do dia-a-dia, quando eles estao cuidando da pessoa ou trabalhar diretamente com a pessoa. Eu quero trabalhar com a pessoa. Eu quero este contato humano. Eu quero repartir o amor. Dar amor. eu acho que deve ser um sentimento tao bom que nem tem nome, dar amor a uma pessoa que estah prestes a partir. Cuidar desta pessoa e fazer da vida dela melhor... Eu realmente quero fazer este trabalho. Eu nao vejo a hora de Janeiro chegar, pra eu poder comecar. Isso eh tao... tao a ver com dividir o seu amor!

Voce nao tem, as vezes, a sensacao de que voce tem amor demais e pessoas de menos com quem dividir esse amor?

Eu tambem estou tentando arrumar um outro trabalho voluntario com criancas deficientes. Mas este eh soh uma vez por mes. O do hospice eh uma vez por semana. Mas o lugar que eu tentei contatar nao me retornou ateh agora. Eu vou tentar de novo amanha ou na segunda.

Gente, vamos ajudar! Vamos compartilhar nos mesmos, o nosso amor! Quanto mais voce dah, mais voce ganha. Amor eh sem fim! Voce pode dar, dar, dar e voce sempre terah muito para si mesmo. O amor nao eh feito pra ser mantido dentro do coracao de uma soh pessoa. O amor foi feito pra ser dividido. Vamos nos doar!

No final, isso eh a unica coisa que realmente importa... e eh a unica coisa que voce pode levar com voce: o amor que voce doou, as lagrimas que voce ajudou a secar, os sorrisos que voce ajudou a trazer de volta. O amor que voce plantou ao longo da sua vida.

Se eu puder fazer, pelo menos a vida de uma, uma pessoa soh que seja, melhor, eu acho que entao toda a minha existencia terah valido a pena ser vivida.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home