Friday, May 26, 2006

The healing power of music - Yo Yo Ma and the instrument of God

Why listen to the classics? Because sometimes, when you're immerse in a cloud of darkness, the music comes to you as a single ray of light, brightening, shining and showing a way out of the dark, a path full of peace.
It's narrow, thin... but it's the way out of hell into heaven.

When my heart is dark and quiet, and the only sound is of the tears dropping, I hear this melody that seems sent by the heavens. I hear his cello, so strong and consistent and thick... it makes me feel safe. It starts and widens and expands and the music takes all my heart and I'm lifted from the mud and there is no sorrow, no darkness, no pain. Only light and that cello carrying me all over the Earth, as if my body didn't exist anymore and my heart was melted in the chords of the music.

When he plays, everything is right. All is fine. His cello says to me: " Don't you worry anymore; I am here. I came here to set you free and take you to heaven. Don't you cry anymore". And I become Music.

Oh, thank you mr. Yo Yo Ma, for being a ray of light in the middle of the darkness. You're the angel that plays God's instrument of healing the souls from all sorrow.

This post was created over coffee, listening to "Prelude from Suite no. 1 in G major for Cello", by Johann Sebastian Bach, performed by Yo Yo Ma.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home